Since releasing version 62.4 of Ensign at the start of 2021, the response has been overwhelmingly positive. Many of the new features added in this update are now serving as key tools to help estimators up and down the country win more profitable contracts, with less time and effort.
As with every update to our software, we have received a great amount of insightful and useful feedback on how to further improve the software that our clients use on a daily basis. Even when making even the smallest of changes we want to ensure that it’s for the benefit of our users and version 63 is no different. In fact, every single change coming to the latest iteration of Ensign has been suggested by you.
We want to ensure that your feedback is put into practice so that Ensign is the tool you want to continue to use to grow your business and stay ahead of the competition. With that in mind, here are the top changes and additions coming in version 63:
- Below the line added to bill reports option on prepare bill and you can set the default within system preferences.
- Increased character limits for job codes (was 7, now 12), section names (was 30, now 60) and prelim descriptions (was, 35, now 60).
- Copy job is now its own button on the create job screen instead of being underneath advanced settings. This button now offers more options to select (entire job, take-off lines only, etc.). You can now also copy a job from the ‘Amend job’ screen.
- Builder’s discount can now be entered as a percentage (option added to system preferences).
- System will highlight negative values on the main summary table screen by changing text to maroon.
- ‘Customise columns’ option added to the take-off screen used to set which columns are displayed on the examine grid.
- Option added to the main menu to switch between data.
- Amend job screen can now be filtered by created and amended date ranges.
- Option to show empty sections added to prepare bill – Option added to prepare bill – You can set the default within system preferences.
- Cut, copy, paste, and spell check added to client reports option.
The points above are only a starting point however, for a complete list of everything that’s new across all of the software in the newest release, click the link below to download the full release notes.